1,2-Naphthalenedione, 3-nitro- [ACD/Index Name]
3-Nitro-1,2-naphtalènedione [French] [ACD/IUPAC Name]
3-Nitro-1,2-naphthalenedione [ACD/IUPAC Name]
3-Nitro-1,2-naphthalindion [German] [ACD/IUPAC Name]
NONH for all modes of transport
Specifications and Other Information of Our Superoxide dismutase CAS 9054-89-1
Superoxide dismutase (SODs) are a group of metalloenzymes that are found in all kingdoms of life. SOD form the front line of defense against reactive oxygen species (ROS)-mediated damage. SOD catalyzes the conversion of the superoxide anion free radical (O2-) to hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and molecular oxygen O2. Subsequently, H2O2 is reduced to water by the catalase (CAT) and peroxidase. Based on the metal cofactors present in the active sites, SOD can be classified as Copper-Zinc SOD (Cu/Zn-SOD), Manganese SOD (Mn-SOD) and Iron SOD (Fe-SOD) etc…
- Scavenging free radicals, boosting immunity, meliorating sleep, enhancing memory, anti-aging.
- Effectively reducing blood lipid, blood pressure, cholesterol, blood viscosity, preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Preventing senile cataract, improving eyesight.
- Ameliorating diabetes mellitus.
- Strengthening liver functions.
- Treating prostatitis, regulating menstrual period, postponing menopause.
- Enhancing joint motion, preventing arthritis.
- Preventing cancer, alleviating side-effects of cancer therapy.
- Helping with wound healing.
- Skin-whiting, spots-removing, anti-wrinkles.
SOD can be derived from animal blood, plants, it can be sourced from microbial fermentation too. Animal derived SOD is heterologous protein and unstable in room temperature, it is also potentially contaminated by viruses in the animal blood, it is prohibited to use in human body by EU and WHO. Plants derived SOD is only-a-few and hard-to-extract, so it’s costly. And microbial fermented SOD can solve all the problems, will attract more and more attentions from all around the globe.
- Sourced from fermentation process, non-viruses and other cross-contaminations.
- Biological activity is more than 10,000 U/mg.
- Purity is more than 95% by electrophoresis method.
- Thermostable under 90℃ for 120 minutes.
- Stable under pH 3.0-11.0 and room temperature for 2 years.
- Well-absorbed with low molecular weight.
- Good bioavailability.
SOD constitute a very important antioxidant defense against oxidative stress in thebody, like therapeutic potential and physiological importance. SOD can serve as an anti-inflammatory agent and can also prevent precancerous cell changes. Natural SOD levels in the body drop as the body ages and hence as one age, one becomes more prone to oxidative stress-related diseases including RBC-related disorders, cystic fibrosis, post-cholecystectomy pain syndrome, malignant breast disease, steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, neuronal apoptosis, AIDS, Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. In the cosmetics and personal care products,
SOD is used as an anti-aging ingredient and antioxidant due to its ability to reduce free radical damage to the skin, therefore preventing wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots, and it also helps with wound healing, softens scar tissue, protects against UV rays, and reduces other signs of aging.
This product is developed by our R&D company Watson International Ltd (https://www.watson-int.com/).